Ways to protect yourself and others from flu1,2
- Maintain distance or avoid work and activities with symptomatic individuals and households.
- Use of masks in instances where social distancing is not possible
- If you don’t feel well, stay at home. For more information about COVID-19 and flu click here.
- Wash your hands regularly.
Vaccination is one of the best ways to protect against influenza1
- Annual flu vaccination is recommended for all people aged 6 months and over.3
- Some people may be eligible for flu vaccines funded under the National Immunisation Program.4
- Remember, it takes 2–3 weeks after vaccination to build immunity.2
Timing based on ATAGI advice. While flu continues to circulate it is never too late to be vaccinated.5
Annual vaccination should ideally occur before the onset of each influenza season. The period of peak influenza circulation is typically June to September in most parts of Australia